The Department of Civil Engineering was established in 2012-2013. The department offers a four year degree program in Civil Engineering with an annual intake by 60 students. The B.E Civil Engineering program was duly approved by the AICTE and affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. The strength of the department lies with its well qualified and dedicated faculty, Skilled supporting staff, well established laboratories, excellent infra-structure, disciplined & hardworking students. All laboratories in the Department are well furnished with the state-of-art equipment’s and software’s. The Department is marching forward to achieve excellence in every field of specialization in Civil Engineering.
- To develop core competence.
- To bring out the best out of every individual student in both technical and interpersonal skills.
- To meet the growing global challenges in research.
- To become a center of excellence in the field of Civil Engineering.
We believe that
- Every person is unique and deserves the opportunity to achieve his/her potential.
- Each individual has responsibility for his/her actions and the resulting consequences.
- Diversity strengthens individuals and the community.
- Learning is an essential lifelong process.
- Improve the technical and soft skills of students.
- Create awareness about higher studies by motivating the students to appear for GATE, GRE, TOFEL and IELTS.
- To create awareness about various competitive examinations.
- Create a pathway of employability.
Long Term Goals
- To start new PG programs in Civil Engineering.
- Motivate the students to appear for Civil Service examinations.
- To make a four-year degree more accessible by providing high quality programs.
- To deliver support programs to help the students to achieve their goals.
We believe that
- “The classroom is one in which the potential for learning is open and free to every student.”
|Sl. No.||Name of the Staff||Designation||Specialization / Areas of Interest|
|1.||Mr.S.Kaveen||Assistant Professor and Head||Construction Engineering and Management.|
|2.||Mr.V.K.Palanisamy||Assistant Professor||Structural Engineering.|
|3.||Mr.G.Thiyagarajan||Assistant Professor||Structural Engineering.|
|4.||Mr.S.Elavarasan||Assistant Professor||Structural Engineering.|
|5.||Mr.V.Nanthagopal||Assistant Professor||Structural Engineering.|
|6.||Ms.R.Ramasathya||Assistant Professor||Structural Engineering.|
|7.||Mr.S.Mukesh||Assistant Professor||Construction Management.|
|8.||Ms.V.Keerthana||Assistant Professor||Structural Engineering.|
|9.||Mr.S.Arul Kumar||Assistant Professor||Construction Engineering and Management.|
|10.||Mr.M.Vignesh||Assistant Professor||Environmental Engineering.|
Non Teaching Faculty Details
|Sl. No.||Name of the Staff||Designation|
The laboratory provides intensive practical exposure to the students in the field of survey. To measure the land area, preparation of map, elevation of point, setting out works by practical work. Practical experiments in chaining, compass, plane table, leveling and theodolite will give experience in handling surveying equipments and help in civil engineering career. To be exposed to testing of different materials under the action of various forces and to determine the characteristics experimentally.
Strength of Material Lab
The lab is intended to learn the properties of different materials like steel, concrete, timber, bricks and other materials. Study of different structural elements by conducting different tests like tension, compression, torsion, impact, shear, bending and hardness tests helps the students to develop their skills.
Concrete and Highway Lab
The laboratory provides intensive practical exposure to the students in the field of construction. To understand and perform various tests on cement, aggregates and concrete. Tests on cement as per IS codes of practice, tests on fine and coarse aggregates according to IS codes of Practice, tests on fresh and hardened concrete as per IS codes of practice provides the practical knowledge.
Soil Mechanics Lab
The aim of this laboratory is to provide the hands on training in determination of Engineering and index properties of soils, applied in field problems. Familiarize the students to do the experiments as per the guidelines of BIS and provides the knowledge on the use of experimental results pertaining to foundation problems.
Fluid Mechanics Lab
To get exposure about the function of various hydraulic equipment. To learn the aim, working principle, components, function of hydraulic equipment, to get hand-on experience in the operation of hydraulic equipment.
Environmental Engineering Lab
The aim of this laboratory to get exposure about water and sewage analysis. To analyze water and sewage volumetrically and using certain equipment, To learn to prepare reagents for each experiment, To get hand-on experience in the operation of equipment like pH meter, TDS meter, turbidity meter, etc. To study to take observations after each titration, To study to do calculations and interpret the results obtained using IS specification for drinking water and waste water (IS 10500-1963 and IS 2490).