A science club is an out-of- class-hours club that offers students the chance to do science-related activities that extend and enhance the science they experience in the classroom.
Objectives of the Science Club:
1. To promote inquisitiveness among the students and inculcate scientific temper among them.
2. To trigger interest among the students in Science.
3. To encourage, motivate and equip the students in applications of Science and its interface with society.
The benefits of running a science club
1. Practice at the process skills needed in science.
2. Increased opportunity to develop and practice thinking, speaking and listening skills.
3. Opportunities to experience a wider range of science topics, hence broadening their enthusiasm for science.
1. B.Sonaliya (I CIVIL) – Secretary
2. G.Dinesh kumar ( I CSE) – Joint Secretary
3. K.Vigneshwaran (I MECH) – Treasurer
4. K. Narmadha (I EEE) – Executive
5. V. Indhumeena (I ECE) – Executive
Cheran College of Engineering inaugurated its science club on 19.08.14, Tuesday.Mr. S.P.Selvam presided over, Secretary Mr. R. Manoharan and Prinicipal Dr.S. Nithyanandam felicitated. Dr.S.Rajendran, Dean, RVS School of Engineering, was the chief guest and inaugurated the club. His presentation was about Nano-chemistry.
A special guest lecture on” Orientation on transition a demo program” was conducted by the Science club.G. Kumaraguru (Director, Helikx salem) addressed the students on 11/09/2014 at 9.00 am on the college campus. Trustee Mr.K.Muthusamy and Principal Dr.S.Nithiyanandam felicitated in the occasion.
A special lecture on “Role of Mathematics in Engineering” was conducted on 17.09.14 Thursday, on the college campus. Mr.P.Sadasivam, Head master Govt. Higher Secondary school, K.Paramathy was the chief guest addressed the students. Trustee Mr.K.Muthusamy and Principal Dr.S.Nithiyanandam felicitated in the occasion.
A special lecture on “Believe you can” was conducted on 26/09/2014 at 9:00 am the college campus. D. Anbalagan (JCI, Trainer) was the chief guest attended and addressed the students. Trustee Mr.K.Muthusamy and Principal Dr.S.Nithiyanandam felicitated in the occasion.
|Sl. No.||TITLE||Chief Guest||DATE|
|1.||Ingural function||Dr.S.Rajendran Dean, RVS school of engineering, Dindugul.||19.08.2014|
|2.||Orientation onTransition – A Demo program||G.Kumaraguru Director, Helix, salem.||11.09.2014|
|3.||Role of mathematics in Engineering||Mr . P. Sadasivam Head master, Government higher secondary school, K.Paramathi.||17.09.2014|
|4.||Believe you can||D.Anbalagan, JCI, Trainer.||26.09.2014|